Dear C,
RE: Paint the Heygate Estate - We're Calling it The Campaign Agaisnt Living Miserably
By way of an overview of our conversation: My ideas and dreams are expressed in the attached documents - the proposal and the FAQs. I am seeking approval and input from the (ex)residence and/or the resident's representative of the Heygate Estate since it is those people that my proposal concerns. The proposal has been with Cllr. Noblet's office for 2 months - they have been most responsive and communicative but there has been little movement and no formal feedback. However, just last week they referred me to the office of Cllr.Humphreys whom I understand will be much more proactive. I was promptly told that I will have a meeting set up with Cllr. Humphreys, Project Manager, Jon Abbott, and a Committee Member - I am led to believe this will go in the diary soon.
Before then however I would relish an opportunity to speak with / meet with Ms.O and discuss the proposal and the ways in which this proposal can evolve to benefit (ex)residents even more effectively. This is the most important step as far as I am concerned. We would have to work together to make sure that the idea is plausible and aligns well with the goals of Southwark Council, Councillors and the Cheif Exec. Time is against us and I still need to know whether the council will give up the building for one of the largest and coolest inclusive art projects in the world - a preeminent step for art - through which we can bring about a turn in social policy, almost as a byproduct. In this particular case we use mental health but it could be anything.
I have six world renowned well known urban artists (local and overseas) who have told me personally that they want to come down to paint the Heygate and work with this local community. Imagine the possibilities.
I need the support and input of the Heygate residents representative and so in haste I ask you both to take a look at the documents and give me a chance to present my journey to-date in person / over the phone as soon as possible.
I look forward to hearing from yourself and Ms. O.
Many thanks,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment